Sunday 28 November 2010

Brownies

Actually, I meant these kind of brownies:
Amy has been attending Brownies since September, but just a couple of weeks ago she made her Brownie Promise and became an official member of the group.  As family members, we were invited to come along and watch the Celebration Ceremony.
I promise that I will do my best:
To love my God,
To serve the Queen and my country,
To help other people
and
To keep the Brownie Guide Law.
The Brownie Law: A Brownie Guide thinks of others before herself and does a Good Turn every day.
Brownies spend time together in small groups called Sixes.  Each Six wears a special badge.  Amy is in the Badgers Six.  Amy has already earned her first aid badge and is currently working towards 3 other badges: advanced cooking, toymaker, and speech.  As part of her speech badge she assisted me in presenting an assembly at her school all about Thanksgiving - an American holiday that most Brits don't know much about. I have to admit that working on badges with Amy is really fun and I'm glad she enjoys it.  We hope she will be able to continue once we move back to the USA next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment